This is the page where you’ve come to find out who is this girl, why am I reading her blog, what is the meaning of the universe… okay maybe not the last one. I should write something very eloquent and intelligent about myself, but that isn’t my style. So here’s the quick version of “me”.
- I grew up in the suburbs of Pittsburgh, where chipped chopped ham and basement pop
wereare delicacies. After college with a mound of student loan debt, I made the decision to move to Memphis, TN to begin my career. Since 2012, I’ve given the Yinzer up to become a Southerner. Yes, I say y’all. Alot.
- My boyfriend Bryan and I have been together since June of 2017, and we’ve had our fair share of ups and downs. We’re very similar but VERY different at the same time. We both love video games, animals, making sarcastic jokes, food and memes. But where I’m emotional, spontaneous and loud, he’s level-headed, logical and well.. sane! So we work really well together, especially on days where we drive each other nuts. 🙂
- My entire life, I’ve had a pet, whether that was a cat or a dog or both! If I’m not covered in fur, something is wrong, or I just bought a new shirt from
the Holy LandTarget. Currently, we have four cats – KitKat, Zoe, Hunter, Kira – and one dog, a Corgi mix named Booker DeWoof. Yes, I named him after the Bioshock Infinite character Booker DeWitt. Yes, I am a nerd.
- Growing up, the family computer ended up in my bedroom, which began my addiction to technology. When I was 11 years old, I asked for Windows XP for Christmas so I could upgrade the PC. My YiaYia (Grandmother in Greek) bought it for me, probably not understanding exactly what I was asking for. That should have been a warning sign for my entire family, I was going to become a tech obsessed geek. Eighteen plus years later, I now work in IT as a Project Manager.
- I’m an ambivert, Enneagram Type 2w3, Supporting behavioral style. What the heck does that all mean? Well… I enjoy people and understanding why they are the way they are, and helping them in any way I can. I can ramp up and be a crazy ball of energy, but I need my time to be quiet and nap. You interrupt that quiet and nap time… things won’t be pretty – fair warning. 😉
- I’m passionate about self-help/personal development books, and if I’m not learning something I get antsy. I’m a certified Culture Facilitator, helping teams and leaders be more effective and drive through change.
- I have a goal to get to all 50 states by 40, which I’m 24 states away from achieving as of October 2019. I collect Starbucks city/state mugs, which I fill with delicious teas. I love making people laugh, even if it’s at my own expense. I’m addicted to stationary and office supplies which has led to my horrible habit of buying TONS of notebooks, starting to write in one and then writing in another.
- In what free time I have, I’m a community admin and leader for the Rooster Teeth Tennessee Community group. We’re a bunch of amazing nerds who all have a common bond and interest in the online entertainment company, Rooster Teeth. I love getting to know and work with such amazingly talented and friendly people who are passionate about their hobbies and their lives.
So if you made it through ALL of that, congratulations! You win… Internet points! Which mean NOTHING! But hey, you learned something about me. Which in my not so humble opinion, is pretty damn cool.
Typical disclaimer statement…. Anything I do, say, post, repost/retweet, comment on, etc etc… is my own thoughts and beliefs. It does not represent my employer(s) past, present or future, my friends or family or any organizations I volunteer and work with. My weird stuff is my own, and I own it.